Devdaha Medical College & Research Institute is an affiliated program of Kathmandu University and fully recognized by the Medical council of Nepal, Medical Council of India. It is currently undertaking MBBS and B.Sc Nursing program. Devdaha Medical College was founded in 2006, provides innovative, high-quality education through its nationally recognized curriculum, emphasizes on early clinical experiences, continue guiding principle, integration of the basic and clinical sciences, and innovative teaching and learning methods such as small group tutorials, problem based learning, (PBL), clinical training models, community visits, interactive lectures and laboratory exercises. We are an academic medical institution dedicated to provide superior education and training in order to produce highly qualified, caring healthcare professionals in order to serve the people of Rupandehi district its surroundings and the nation.
The college is situated in the peaceful surrounding of Devdaha Municipality. Devdaha is also known as the maternal home of Lord Buddha. The greenery around the year makes the location unique, of its kind, quiet and calm, pollution free and just an ideal place for good learning and teaching. Its distance is 7.5 km far from eastern side of Butwal City. The college campus is fully residential for its faculty staff & doctors. The boys and girls have separate hostels and mess facilities. It provides round the clock security to the premises.
1. To nurture and produce well trained medical professionals in all fields of medical and health sciences by maintaining well and supportive learning environment with ultramodern medical facilities approved by all necessary bodies of the national and international.
2. To provide most needed specialized courses with the ever changing global standards and latest methodology so that responsible professionals with clinical excellence, compassion along with sensitivity can be produced in medical field.
3. To continue and manage the well equipped hospital to provide the best services within a very affordable price-range to the patients of nation and neighboring countries.
4. To produce researchers by conducting various research programs that create, disseminate and apply new knowledge to the field of medical and health sciences.
Also, DMCRI has committed in bringing out the best of its medical professionals by collaborating with other agencies that are also committed to the highest standards of teaching and mentoring medical students, developing clinical skills and doing research in the medical and health field through its hospital and college.
1. To provide best medical education for undergraduate and postgraduate students of different medical and paramedical streams.
2. To run the medicine-research programs in order to enhance the academic/professional capabilities and competencies in parallel with the world’s contemporaries.
3. To develop a trauma and tropical medicine research centre.
4. To organize health extension service in rural areas for the prevention and control of health disease.
5. To control and prevent the tropical diseases and to make aware the students about the different types of community management of such diseases.
6. To produce accomplished manpower in the health sector by imparting education at different academic levels like B.Sc. Nursing, BPT, BNS, MBBS, BDS, MS, MD,DM and MCH and other medical professionals.
1. Produce competent, skillful, socially committed, knowledgeable caring medical man power with a social commitment on the basis of health care needs of Nepal.
2. Provide qualitative and economically standardized health care to the people at large.
3. Conduct basic and the advance research in health science.
4. Organize health services in rural community for the prevent and curative health programme through different effective modalities.
5. Plan and initiate student exchange program with the medical institution within the country and abroad.
6. To establish a specialized and super specialized health care services with latest and modern technology intern to minimize the outgoing foreign currency.